American politicians have been focusing on economic rather than social issues over the past few months. For the first time since May, however, the abortion-rights debate is about to hit the floor of the House. Today, the House is paying attention to H.R. 358 (the ‘Protect Life Act’). Introduced by Republican Joe Pitts, this measure …
Daily Archive: October 14, 2011
October 14, 2011
Tags: abortion, American politics, Barack Obama, conscience, consitution, debt-ceiling, economics, employment, EMTALA, finance, H.R. 358, health care, hospitals, Joe PItts, law, legislation, Medicaid, Medicare, medicine, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, politics, PPFA, pro-choice, pro-life, religion, Republican Party, social issues, taxes, taxpayers, U.S., women's rights
- Johnd898 on Mississippi to vote on Personhood Amendment
- Bonita on No Christmas for Thomas the Tank Engine and his Friends
- Etsuko on Should marriage licenses have an expiration date?
- Nick on Angelina Jolie shares experience of double mastectomy to raise awareness
- Hosea on Should marriage licenses have an expiration date?